Cruise Tours Departing From Auckland Ferry Building
It is almost a must to include one of the cruise tours departing from Auckland in your itinerary when when visiting the 'City of Sails'.
Learn about the island cruises or the harbour cruises departing from the Auckland ferry building ...
There are a variety on water tours on offer in Auckland apart from the daily ferry schedules to Coromandel and Devonport.
- The ferry ride to the historic seaside village Devonport is about 10 minutes.It is always worth a visit to explore the museum or the reserve with the Devonport Head fortifications.
- The ferry trip to Coromandel takes about two hours. Coroamandel is a destination to visit for spending holidays with beach or tramping activities.
All tours are fun,
some have a romantic touch like a lunch cruise, that becomes a special event. A dinner cruise on the other hand gives the chance to
admire the Auckland cityscape illuminated by lights on board of a yacht. This has certainly its own beauty. Other tours have solely a
sight seeing purpose like the Auckland harbour cruise.
Of course there are island cruise tours:
Attractions New Zealand is well known for are accessible through these day cruises.
- Rangitoto Island, the iconic shield volcano that is visible from afar from the east shore of Auckland, promises the experience of walking on lava gravel, witnessing rare fauna that evolved on the island and at the right time of the year the largest pohutukawa forest smothered in red.
- Tiritiri Matangi, the pest free island sanctuary that is home to some very rare and endangered species, offers to a limited number of visitors guided and independent exploration with sightings of saddleback, takahe and kiwi, and walks in a densely regenerating forest.
- Waiheke Island is known for its scenic value, beautiful beaches and for its delicious foods and prize winning wines.
Island Cruises to Auckland's Islands in the Hauraki Gulf
Cruise Tour to the Volcanic Island Rangitoto
A half day cruise from Auckland leads to the volcanic island Rangitoto. The ferry cruise is about 25 minutes to arrive on the lava fields. Upon arrival a guide unravels the island history, geology and the island's rare plant life including the world's largest pohutukawa forest.
A climb to the summit rewards with an bird's eye view over the island and sweeping views across the Hauraki Gulf.
Waiheke Island Trip
A three hours Waiheke Island trip includes a brief ferry ride from the Auckland ferry building and a bus round trip around the sights of Waiheke. The island is known for its magnificent views to Auckland and its beaches. Besides of views and beaches Waiheke is known for its wine and food.
Tiritiri Matangi Island Sanctuary
Tiritiri Matangi is an island bird sanctuary in the Hauraki Gulf just off shore of Auckland. Predator free it is home to some of the most rare and endangered New Zealand bird species. Limited tickets are available to this cruise tour in order to protect the island wildlife. The island cruise takes 1.5 hours to and 1.5 hours time on the water and 5 hours on the island sanctuary. The time is filled with exploring the island walks, diving into the information available through the visitor centre, and visiting the oldest lighthouse in the Hauraki Gulf. Optional is a 1.5 hours long guided tour.
Auckland Harbour Cruises
Auckland Harbour Sightseeing Cruise
A ninety minute harbour cruise with commentary opens the city with a perspective from the Hauraki Gulf. Glide past the Harbour Bridge, the Bean Rock Lighthouse and historic Devonport. The ticket includes a ferry ticket, valid for 12 months to picturesque seaside village Devonport.
Auckland Harbour Lunch Cruise
The lunch cruise promises a relaxing 1.5-hour sailing on a yacht while a picnic lunch watching or getting actively involved in sailing under the captain in command. Sail past Waitemata Harbour and view Auckland's sight from the water.
Auckland Harbour Dinner Yacht Cruise
Dining out while cruising Auckland Harbour on a 50 foot yacht is certainly a special way to spend the evening. It gives the chance to see Auckland city lights in a new perspective.